Freehold AAUW Programs
(September 2021 – June 2022)
(Dates, Times & Program – Subject to Change)
Due to COVID-19 – Some in-person meetings may be cancelled
Meetings may be held on Zoom (instead)!
(Only vaccinated individuals are invited to attend our in-person meetings.)
(Arrangements can be made to attend virtually, for unvaccinated individuals.)
Join us at our Branch Meetings
(email the Branch for more information!)
(For meetings held via zoom, email the branch for the login information)
Interest Groups & Activities
(Dates & Times – Subject to Change)
3rd. Mon. Soup Kitchen (10:30 AM – 1:30 PM) (November to March)
Every Tues. Book Sort (10:00 AM – 12:00 PM) – (October to June)
1st. Tues. Cinema Groups (1:00 PM) (or other dates announced)
2nd. Tues. Lunch Bunch (12:30 PM) (September to June)
3rd. or 4th. Tues. Great Decisions (12:30 PM)
4th. Tues. 3 Daytime Book Discussion Groups (12:30 or 1:00PM)
- The BOOKMARKS Book Discussion Group
- FEED N’ READ Book Discussion Group
- MS. PRINTS Book Discussion Group
2nd Wed. Wednesday Afternoon Book Discussion Group (1:30 PM)
3rd. Wed. Books N More Book Discussion Group
(times announced) (or other dates announced)
(times announced ) (or other dates announced)
Every Thurs. Book Sort – 10:00 am – 12:00 PM (Apr. – Jun.)
Canasta Group – 12:30
Bridge Group – 1:00 – 3:00 PM
2nd or 3rd Thurs. Branch Meetings at location announced or on Zoom
In-Person Branch meetings: 7:00 PM Snack & Chat, 7:30 PM Meeting start (Sometimes meet in afternoon)
Zoom: 7:15 Log in, 7:30 Meeting Start
(Dates, Meeting times, and Programs – Subject to change)
- September 9 – Program: Samra Kanter, a social worker, will be speaking about the psychological effects of quarantining due to COVID (7:30 PM on Zoom)
Branch members wishing to view the video of our meeting, please email the branch, requesting link to the video.
- October 14 – Program: Welcome back get together (in person) and Speaker from 180 Turning Lives Around (1-3 PM) – Freehold Firehouse (30 Siloam Rd) Program: Welcome Back and Speaker from 180 Turning Lives Around
- November 18 – Program: “Alaska Homestead” (6:30 PM)– Monmouth County Library Headquarters – 125 Symmes Dr. Manalapan
- December 9: Replaced by Holiday Celebration at Dusal’s Pizza & Italian Restaurant 340 Union Hill Road, Manalapan 07726 – see Pictures
- January 13 – Program: Rick Geffken from Shrewsbury Historical Society (1-3 PM on Zoom) – See members only page for the video of this program.
- February 10 – Program: “Food and Mood” (Speakers from The Women’s Center at CentraState Medical Center (1-3 PM on Zoom) – Only the business portion of this meeting will be recorded.
March – Replaced by Inter-Branch Meeting
- April 7 – Program: TBD
- May 12: Awarding of the Outstanding High School Students’ Awards (Rose Fishkin Scholarships) (7:00 PM at West Freehold School)
- June 9: Replaced by Recognition Picnic at Battleground State Park (Rain dates to be announced)
Meetings at Other Venues
- September 11: Allaire State Park Outing Hosted by AAUW NJ
- October 2: AAUW NJ Fall Focus (on Zoom)
- November 10: AAUW NJ Program (Zoom) – Strength of Women Through Networking
- December 9: Holiday Celebration (Luncheon), at Dusal’s Pizza & Italian Restaurant, Manalapan, NJ (1-3PM)
- December 9: AAUW NJ Unconference (Zoom) – (evening)
- March 23: Central District Inter-Branch Meeting hosted by the Northern Monmouth County Branch at Brookdale Community College (4 – 6 PM)
Send email to NMCB, for more information.
Presentation: A look at the life and legacy of Geraldine Thompson, a woman whom many cite as having made a significant difference not only in Monmouth County but in the lives of many in NJ. Her former home is now the site of BCC and Thompson Park, part of the Monmouth County Park System. AAUW in Monmouth County intersects with her life in numerous ways including her friendship and partnership in civic life with a number of our members including a former AAUW NJ State President Katharine Elkus White who was the first woman to serve as Chairman of the GSP Commission, first woman Mayor of Red Bank, and Ambassador to Denmark in the 1960’s. The speaker will be Jane Scimeca, a historian who is writing a biography of Geraldine Thompson. In addition we will have a few words from Sue Monroe, a professor at BCC, who was selected a few years ago by national AAUW as one of the members who reviews and participates in the selection process of women applying for AAUW Fellowships in scientific fields.
This presentation is being co-sponsored by WILL, Women In Learning & Leadership, a student club at BCC whose advisor is one of BCC’s College Reps for AAUW. We expect that this will provide an opportunity for us to share AAUW with students, and also hope that our Interbranch members will invite guests to join us in learning more about a woman who made a difference, and is also a fascinating character.
- March 19: AAUW NJ Spring Convention – Member Engagement Program (Central Location)
- April 30: AAUW NJ Annual Meeting
- June 9: Recognition Picnic at Battleground State Park (Rain dates to be announced)
Join our Branch at one of our “Public Events” (such as at a Branch Meeting) and save on first year dues.
‘Shape the Future’ Special offer on dues
Save on National & State Dues when you join at a public event
Applications will be available at our meetings.
2021-2022 – National + State + Branch dues are $83 ($62.00 National, $10.00 State, $11.00 Branch) when you join any other time.
Dues are collected in May and June of each year for the next fiscal year (July to June)
See our Membership Page for more information on joining our Branch
For Members (Only) [Password Required]:
Please see the last page of the Newsletter for updates to the current Program Schedule,
See the Trips & Treks (Cultural Affairs) Page for information on upcoming Trips.
Look out for our Google Group emails, for timely updates.