AAUW is a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance. Your membership makes AAUW’s powerful voice even stronger on critical issues affecting women and girls.
AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or class.
ALL Members joining are expected to participate in fundraising activities, such as our book sale, and in AAUW mission related activities.
There are three types of Freehold Area (NJ) Branch Memberships:
- AAUW Branch Member (With National and State Membership), which is open to any graduate holding an associate or equivalent, baccalaureate, or higher degree from a qualified educational institution.
- AAUW Student Affiliate (With National and State Membership), for undergraduates or degree-seeking graduate students enrolled in full-time or part-time programs, who may join AAUW at reduced membership fees, and can request to join our Branch.
- Branch Friend Member (With Branch Membership Only), for individuals that do not hold the required degree requirements for AAUW membership.
AAUW Branch Membership is open to any graduate holding an associate or equivalent, baccalaureate, or higher degree from a qualified educational institution.
AAUW Student Affiliate Membership is open to Undergraduate Students enrolled in a two- or four- year qualified educational institution and Graduate Students enrolled in a qualified educational institution can join AAUW National (Only) as a Student Affiliate. If you wish to (also) join our Branch, please complete the Membership Applications below instead of the National Only Application!
Note: Students can received free e-memberships, if their school is a College/University (C/U) Partner.
Branch Friend Membership (With Branch Membership Only), is open to individuals that do not hold the required degree requirements for AAUW membership and is subject to Board approval.
Please use the following link to join our Branch:
AAUW Freehold Branch and Student Affiliate Applicants must also complete the
(includes Membership in AAUW National, AAUW or New Jersey, and AAUW Freehold Area (NJ) Branch)
(Note: Freehold Branch Friend Applicants only need to complete the Branch Application.)
Dues for AAUW Branch Members (who join our Branch) are $83 for fiscal year July 2021 – June 2022, which Includes AAUW National Individual Membership Dues ($62) + State Dues ($10) + Branch Dues ($11). A portion of National Dues are tax deductible as a charitable contribution, because AAUW is a 501(c)(3) charitable membership organization. However, $3 is not deductible because it supports the AAUW Action Fund’s section 501©(4) Lobby Corps and get-out-the-vote activities.) Currently, State and Branch portions of the AAUW dues are NOT tax deductible.
Dues for Undergraduate Student Affiliates (who join our Branch) are $34.81, which includes AAUW National Student Affiliate Membership Dues ($18.81) + State Dues ($5) + Branch Dues ($11). are for fiscal year beginning July 1 and ending June 30, 2019. A portion of AAUW National Student Affiliate Membership Dues are tax deductible as a charitable contribution, because AAUW is a 501(c)(3) charitable membership organization. However, $2 is not tax deductible (because it supports the AAUW Action Fund’s Section 501(c)(4) Capital Hill Lobby Corps and get-out-the-vote activities).
Dues for AAUW Branch Friend Members are set by the AAUW Freehold Area Branch Board and are subject to change. See the Branch Application for the current fee.
For more information about our Branch, contact the Membership Co-Vice Presidents:
Shevi Salberg – 732-462-4138
Returning Members – Renew you Memberships Now!
Dues can be paid via credit card, or can be paid by check (payable to “Freehold AAUW”)
Or mail your check to Linda Levine, VP Finance/Treasurer. See the new member application for her correct mailing address.
Once you become a member
- You will be added to our Google Group, which gives you up to the minute information on Branch related matters!
- You will be added to the AAUW NJ Contact list, so you can receive timely notices from the State organization.
- You can register to get “Members Only” access to AAUW National’s site, including the Member Services Database (MSD).
Members Only Access to AAUW National’s website
New Members also get “Members Only” access to the AAUW National’s site.
See the “AAUW National” tab, for instructions on how to register.