The Lew Williams & Leila Sulkes Scholarships
Scholarships of $2000 for each academic year are awarded for women in undergraduate or graduate degree programs.
Application period for 2020-2021 School Year is now OPEN!
Each year, Applications are accepted from January – July for the following academic school year. The deadline for applying for scholarships is July 31, each year. Please read the following instructions carefully. Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria below will not be reviewed by the AAUW Freehold Branch Scholarship Committee.
Scholarship Applicant Qualifications
- Women 25 years of age or older
- Residents of Colts Neck, Englishtown, Farmingdale, Freehold Borough, Freehold Township, Howell, Manalapan, Marlboro, Monroe Township or Morganville
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program having completed a minimum of 60 credits OR enrolled in a graduate degree program having completed a minimum of 6 credits. The school AND program MUST be accredited by a regional accrediting association.
- Must have maintained a minimum GPA of “B”
- Will be enrolled in the school year for which the application is being made
Previous Lew Williams and Leila Sulkes Scholarship winners are not eligible to apply.
Award checks will be made out to the school (Not to the award winner).
Additional questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Send application requests to email@example.com
A completed application, official transcript(s), and two letters of recommendation must be mailed in and postmarked by July 31 of the year for which applying. Send your completed application and transcript(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org as attachments.
Please request that references send their letters of recommendation directly to email@example.com
The Rose Fishkin Scholarship Awards are given every year to the highest-ranking female graduating senior in each of the six Freehold Regional high schools. The high school selects the female student with the highest grade point average at the end of the third quarter.