The Lew Williams & Leila Sulkes Scholarships
Scholarships for women in undergraduate or graduate degree programs
The APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR HAS CLOSED!
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018-2019 ACADEMIC YEAR WILL BE AVAILABLE IN JANUARY, 2018
The Lew Williams Scholarship and the Leila Sulkes Scholarship Awards for the 2017-2018 academic year was announced at our September Branch Meeting. For the 2017-2018 academic year, the Freehold Area Branch of AAUW awarded three scholarships!
Each year, Applications are accepted from January – July for the following academic school year. The deadline for applying for scholarships is July 31, each year.
Scholarship Applicant Qualifications
- Women 25 years of age or older
- Residents of Colts Neck, Englishtown, Farmingdale, Freehold Borough, Freehold Township, Howell, Manalapan, Marlboro, or Morganville
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program having completed a minimum of 60 credits OR enrolled in a graduate degree program having completed a minimum of six credits. The school AND program MUST be accredited by a regional accrediting association.
- Must have maintained a minimum GPA of “B”
- Will be enrolled in the school year for which the application is being made
Previous Lew Williams and Leila Sulkes Scholarship winners are not eligible to apply.
Award checks will be made out to the school (Not to the award winner).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Rose Fishkin Scholarship Awards are given every year to the highest-ranking female graduating senior in each of the six Freehold Regional high schools. The high school selects the female student with the highest grade point average at the end of the third quarter.