AAUW Fellowships, Grants, and Awards
AAUW has a long and distinguished history of advancing educational and professional opportunities for women in the United States and around the globe. Each year AAUW provides millions of dollars in fellowships, grants, and awards for outstanding women around the globe and for community action projects. AAUW also funds pioneering research on women, girls, and education.
Application deadline (May 1 of each Year)
- The scholarships are offered by the Business and Professional Women of New Jersey (BPW/NJ) Foundation.
- The awards are available for women who live in New Jersey and are ages 25 and up.
- Applicants who are seeking to advance their careers, reenter the workforce, or make a career change are encouraged to apply for consideration. An award may be used for education, or it may be used to purchase a piece of equipment if the applicant has at least a fifty percent ownership in a small business.
- The Mildred A Butler Career Development Award
- The Mary L. Johnston Scholarship Award
- The Lucy Tarangelo Memorial Scholarship award.
The Mildred A. Butler Career Development Award and the Mary L. Johnston award offer up to $1000.00 per person.
The Lucy Tarangelo Memorial Award is a one-time scholarship award with the amount awarded determined (each year). The award presentations are made at a scholarship luncheon held in May of each year. This scholarship is offered to women who live in New Jersey, are ages 25 and up who are studying photography or wish to purchase a piece of equipment for their photography business.
Applications are available on the BPWNJ web. Visit www.bpwnjfoundation.org to download an application, read the instructions and find contact information for questions.